Investigators search Texas bomber's home for motive

Investigators search Texas bomber's home for motive

At the Schertz FedEx facility, a package that was moving along an automated conveyor exploded around 12:25 a.m. Tuesday, Hansen said.

Convinced the bomber was 23-year-old Mark Anthony Conditt, police moved quickly before he struck again.

Milanowski says investigators aren't completely convinced that there aren't other explosive devices "out there", and that they want the public to remain vigilant. Humanizing a killer isn't a sin-killers are human-but while the victims' families are still mourning their loved ones, it's hard to hear, over and over to the point of cliché, that a person like the bombing suspect seemed like a nice kid from a great family.

Withers said he was questioned about the bombings but none of his family was notified about where he was.

U.S. President Donald Trump praised officials working on the case on Twitter, "AUSTIN BOMBING SUSPECT IS DEAD".

Authorities have called the suspect a "serial bomber" who was skilled and capable of making sophisticated devices.

The fifth bombing occurred Tuesday at a FedEx Ground facility in Schertz, Texas, leaving one employee injured.

ATF has taken evidence from the four blast sites in Austin, Police Chief Brian Manley said. A spokesman for the church said no records of past engagement or past involvement by Conditt were found. Conditt ran into a ditch on the side of the road, and SWAT officers approached, banging on his window.

Meanwhile, authorities also closed off an Austin-area FedEx store where they believe the bomb that exploded was shipped to the distribution center. He refused to release the suspect's name or discuss his background, saying that the motivation for the bombings remains a mystery.

"Some of these long as the bomb maker walks away with 10 fingers and 10 toes, that's successful to them", said Gagliano, a retired Federal Bureau of Investigation supervisory special agent. The package bombs were left in predominately black and Hispanic neighborhoods of East Austin, killing Anthony Stephan House, 39, a money manager, and Draylen Mason, a college-bound 17-year-old known for his passion for music.

But Withers said she never got to meet the suspected bomber and that her son, who is black, didn't know anything about the bombs police say he had made. One SWAT team member fired a shot at the vehicle.

State Dept.: Tillerson to Talk Soon With Successor Nominee Pompeo
They disagreed on so many issues, most particularly the Iran nuclear agreement, and those disputes quickly became public. Tillerson's chief of staff, Margaret Peterlin, looks likely to depart, as does policy planning director Brian Hook.

Reyes says that when Goodwill received the box, they decided it wasn't appropriate for donation. The medical examiner has not finalised the cause of death, but the bomb caused "significant" injuries, he said.

The source also said investigators, once they had identified Conditt as a potential suspect, obtained a warrant to monitor his Google search history.

Cornered by police Wednesday, Mark Conditt detonated explosives inside his vehicle before dawn and ended a bombing campaign that killed two, injured several others and injected anxiety into a city renowned for its creativity and cool.

Hai Do adapted this story for Learning English based on the Associated Press news reports. And same for any person - regardless of religion or race - who engages in a campaign of terror like Conditt did that spanned almost two weeks and was meant to terrorize Americans.

Police in Texas say they have removed explosives from the home of a man believed to be behind a string of parcel bombs in Austin.

Police found him early Wednesday at a hotel.

Isaac Figueroa, 26, said he and his brother heard sirens and helicopters early Wednesday in the area and drove toward them, then cut through nearby woods on foot after they hit a police roadblock.

Pflugerville resident Jay Schulze said he was jogging Tuesday night when he was stopped by police and asked about the bombings.

Gov. Greg Abott said Austin police were meticulous as they tried "to locate and apprehend - if possible alive - the treacherous, evil criminal who committed these acts".

By then, police had urged residents to report any odd packages.

The suspect was identified in the last 24 hours after shipping an explosive device from a FedEx store in the Texas capital, the Austin Statesman reported.