8-Year-Old, Teen Are First Identified Victims of UK Concert Blast

8-Year-Old, Teen Are First Identified Victims of UK Concert Blast

Dan Coats, the US director of intelligence, says that connection has not yet been verified.

British security services believe that Salman Abedi, who died in the blast, carried out the attack, CBS News and the Associated Press report. All sources spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation was ongoing.

As the picture became clearer on Tuesday after the deadliest militant assault in Britain since four British Muslims killed 52 people in suicide bombings on London's transport system in 2005, heart-warming stories of reunions began to emerge.

Thousands of teenagers were inside the arena for a concert by Ariana Grande last night, and Greater Manchester Police chief constable Ian Hopkins has confirmed children are among those killed.

A post to Twitter by an ISIS supporter, Abdul Haqq, highlighted by Search International Terrorist Entities Intelligence Group (SITE), urged more terrorist attacks in "Britain and England and Manchester and United Kingdom and Britain". "And that's when the screaming started", said 25-year-old Ryan Molloy. "But this attack stands out for its appalling sickening cowardice, deliberately targeting innocent, defenseless children and young people who should have been enjoying one of the most memorable nights of their lives".

"There is a resources issue within the police which means they can't even get the number of firearms officers that they need in order to protect us", said Phillips.

The first victim was named this morning as 18-year-old Georgina Callander.

The explosion struck near the exit around 10:30 p.m. Monday as Grande was ending the concert, part of her Dangerous Woman Tour.

ISIS twitter lit up with celebrations after the attacks in London near Westminster in March.

Warriors trounce Spurs without Leonard for 2-0 series lead
Ultimately we chose to go with narrative separation, and placed them at the end of the levels to prevent this problem for arising. Ian Clark scored in a variety of ways and hopefully isn't too hobbled after rolling an ankle late in garbage time.

An image captured in the aftermath of the Manchester attack. "As we came outside to Victoria Station there were just people all over the floor covered in blood".

"Broken", the singer tweeted.

Eight-year-old Saffie Rose Roussos was the second victim to be identified. "There was a little girl sitting behind me and I remember she had little fluffy bunny ears on and was clapping the whole time", said Nayman. Like many concertgoers, Bruce said security inside the venue had been light, and his own bag was not searched as he entered.

"The thought that anyone could go out to a concert and not come home is heartbreaking", said head teacher Chris Upton.

Journalists who visited the site before the Iraqi authorities banned them said at least 50 bodies were taken out of the rubble soon after the attack.

The spokesman said May had spoken with U.S. President Donald Trump, French President Emmanuel Macron, Italian Prime Minister Paolo Gentiloni and Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull and would likely have calls with other world leaders.

The steady stream of assaults has included large-scale attacks orchestrated in great detail by ISIS, like coordinated shootings and bombings in Paris in November 2015 that left 130 dead.

AP Music Writer Mesfin Fekadu contributed to this story from NY.